Saturday, January 28, 2012

Compact Car

Foldable electric car has made its debut in Europe. The “Hiriko” is powered by four in wheel motors that each turn a full 90 degrees. Its compact and compactable design along with its four wheel steering allows parking in the tightest of spaces on crowded city streets. When folded, three of the cars can fit in one traditional parking space. The cars seem ideal for the crowded city life that they were designed for. The MIT Media Lab envisions the car becoming a type of car share program where people can essentially rent the car and park it back at any available charging station through out the city. I think it is a very creative idea and should be pursued in cities that are overwhelmed with congestion. The Hiroko could be very useful in these big congested cities helping people get around as well as being exceptionally space efficient. I could see myself using one of these cars if I was downtown and did not want to pay for a cab. It would also be quite fun for me and my friends to whip some of these things around town.

No comments:

Post a Comment